Saturday, March 20, 2010

Guinness Brownies

My co-workers have become accustomed to me bringing treats to work for practically any occasion, mainly because I need people to test out my recipes! I made these brownies in honor of St. Patrick's day and the Guinness brings out the intense flavor of chocolate. But watch out, these brownies are really rich! I took this recipe from bitchincamero's blog . My changes are marked with an *.

1 cup flour*
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
8 oz dark bittersweet chocolate chopped (I used 60% cocoa)
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar*
1 1/4 Guinness Extra Stout beer, room temperature and foam skimmed off
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment . Whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt and set aside.

Using a double boiler, dark chocolate, milk chocolate and butter together until fully melted.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together until frothy. Very slowly, pour in chocolate mixture while whisking the eggs.

When your chocolate mixture and eggs are combined, whisk in the Guinness. Fold in flour mixture. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove baking dish and let cool completely.

Cut into squares and then diagonally. Dust with powdered sugar (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment