Sunday, August 8, 2010

Queso Fresco Salad and Two New Friends!


Caught in the act!I went to water my herbs and found these little critters having a nice breakfast! They were too cute to get rid of so I let them finish off the cilantro. I finally moved them when they had eaten the whole planter and were about to start on my basil!


Queso Fresco Salad

10 oz queso fresco, crumbled
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup diced jicama
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 chopped cilantro
Juice from one 1 lime
2 chipotles in adobo diced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together lime juice, chipotles, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Combine queso fresco, onion, tomato, jicama, cucumber and cilantro. Toss with dressing and serve with tortilla chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment