Thursday, October 27, 2011

California





A few weeks ago I went to Southern California for work (terrible, I know!) I had a day to play, so I explored Laguna Beach and had some great food!



Although it was in the middle of October, the temperature got into the 90s while I was there. Why was I wearing a cardigan that day?!?! Maybe because it was 50 degrees when I left Kansas! 





On my first night, I had dinner at Las Barisas, a Mexican Seafood restaurant located right on the beach. Bill's brother lives in Irvine so he joined! Since it was still happy hour I took advantage of their food and margarita specials. I had the pomegranate margarita and house made guacamole to start. For my entree I had the grilled ahi burger with mango salsa. It was delicious and fresh. 





Oh yeah, I also watched the sunset on the beach! Not a bad start to a work trip, eh?







After dinner, John to us to Sprinkles Cupcakes and I enjoyed a delicious red velvet cupcake. I will never turn down a cupcake!









My California trip would not be complete without a trip to In N Out Burger, and since I've never been to In N Out, I had to go! That place is run like a well oiled machine, and having received advice from friends and locals, I knew what and how to order. The bell hop at my hotel insisted that I order everything "Animal Style" and being the naive person that I am, I went ahead with his suggestion. I ordered a Double Double Animal Style and french fries Animal Style as well.





 WHOA in case you are not familiar with their secret menu, "Animal Style" consists of caramelized onions, thousand island dressing and cheese! I don't want to know how bad they were for me, but it was tasty! As I carried the try to my table I was so thankful I had a salad for lunch! The burger was delicious but I think I would get a single patty next time and the animal style was an experience within itself. After dinner I went back the hotel and collapsed!

















No comments:

Post a Comment